Tuesday 23 October 2012


Amy Rowson - Digital Manipulation

In my photography rotation lessons, I started with a introduction to photoshop. I learnt how to use the 'lasso' tool to crop and select parts of the image I wanted, I also learnt how to re-size and rotate my images within photoshop - with this I learnt that the 'alt' key stops the image from distorting while resizing. 



 Here I used the body and head of a horse,
then I put a narwhal's tusk on the head to create
my own fantasy unicorn. I expanded on this idea
and then found dragon wings to turn my unicorn 
into a pegasus. I also used lions paws for the feet 
of my final creature.



For this creature I used a wolf's head and a fox's tail, to this I added the wings of a bat and the body of a degu (small gerbil/squirrel-like animal) this creates the sense of how small this creature is, compared to my pegasus which can be viewed as the size of a horse - what humans are used to, but this creature's head is seen as the size of a dog's in normal life, whereas here it is the size of a rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment